Updates and Fixes
Mod/Copy Owners of the Cherry Trees 1 & 2, Japanese Maple 1 and Spruce 2 will have received updates to their products this week. These updates include some feature updating, bug fixing, and expansion of available sizing, depending on which set you bought.
Mod/Transfer Owners who wish to update must send their mod/transfer editions of these trees to me (Aki Shichiroji) in a folder clearly marked with their name in ALL CAPS. I will send the appropriate replacement as soon as possible.
Yup, I’m pretty close to the official opening of the new sim! There are still many things i need to take care of, but I really hope you can make it to this exciting event for Organica! There will be music, there will be shopping, there will be fishing, prizes, great scenery and more! Join us on March 21, 2010 from 4-6PM in Organica sim!
Organica will be participating in Winterstock this year!
Various new and coming holiday offerings will be available here for about a week to help promote the opening of the event, and will be placed at the main store after that point.
These are the first of a set of offerings that are on the way from Organica, along with some big changes and releases (hopefully) coming soon, pending available time.
The new spruce trees feature all new sculpts and textures and are between 3-4 prims each. The abstract pattern trees are new sculpts and textures, and are available either individually or by pack of all five. As always, these offerings are copy/mod.
1) Wooden Fences: After many requests for the preliminary wooden fence I put up around the orchard area, I have backed up that release with a full fence pack, which features 7 fence types, each between 2-3 prims per section. This product is only available mod/copy due to the necessity for multiple sections to complete a full fence. Most come with seperate second posts which should be unlinked from the section prior to duplication.
2) Bristlecone Pine: This Bristlecone pine is the first in a series I hope to produce. It features entirely original coniferous foliage and custom trunk texturing, oblong and square sculpts, and is 8 prims total. Available mod/copy/no trans as well as mod/no copy/trans.
3) Creepy Trees: It’s about that time of the year again! As October closes in on us, inevitably the Halloween decorations come out. Have a look at these new trees near the Hollow tree, just to the right of the store landing point! They vary from 7-15 prims each and are available mod/copy.
4) Thick and Twisted Ficus: This new (huge!) ficus comes in two shapes – some folks may prefer the straight and upright version, and some folks may prefer the twisted version that comes with it. (Twisted version shown, straight version on site). 9 prims each. Please note: each requires about a 60m by 60m footprint. Available mod/copy.
5) Spring and Dried Wheat: These two varieties of wheat are now available for those who’d like their own field of wheat. Available in spring green and dried editions, they take up as low as 1 prim each, with 4 different shapes to best suit your landscaping needs. Available mod/copy only.
I managed to squeeze out a few more items for this update:
1) These were on hand in a preliminary form at Home and Garden Expo and ground level in the sim, however they weren’t for sale and really not ready to sell. I’ve since created new textures, added a curved path sculpt and packaged everything. These Stepping Stones are great for rocks along paths or as stones across water areas. I’ve also used them on occasion up against gardens or water ways to better define such edges. They are copy, mod, available in 5 different textures.
2) For those who would like to add sculpted landscaping to their skybox, or maybe even more detailed landscaping to mainland terrain with limited terraforming capability, these are ideal additions to your garden. Sold seperately or in a fatpack, there are five different textures, each coming with five different sculpt shapes to best suit what you are trying to do. You may wish to set these to ‘phantom’ as they are sculptie and will have boundary issues, however they *don’t* come with solid backings, so you will need to add transparent solid prims to back them if you do this. If you would like instruction on how to do this, do give me a shout. All pieces are copy/mod.
3) These trees are all part of one package and are offered with and without fruit. They’re intended to illustrate growth, from sapling to maturity, of an apple tree. The trees range from 2 to 6 prims each and are copy/mod.
I’ve finally put together the bulk of my both at the Fantasy Faire! You can find Kitheres in the Avatopia sim, just to the right of the path when you arrive, facing directly east. (Or you can use this handy SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Avatopia/209/118/22)
There are quite a number of new releases this time around. I’ve been using the last few weeks to put together two new outfits, Hera and Breanne (pics lower in this post), as well as a bunch of new eyes, releasing some sculpted ears that were made to work with the Delvian skins, and putting together some goodies as RFL donation gifts and freebies.
All of the new stuff will ONLY be available at the Fantasy Faire, which runs from June 15-21. Afterwards, I guess I will have to figure out more space for the new goodies 😛
In any case, I am offering three donation gifts for RFL this go ’round:
Fantasy Faire is a 9 sim affair and sure to be busy all week! When you decide to visit, please make sure you take off any unnecessary scripted items. Primming down as far as you can will also go a long way to making your faire-going experience smoother.
So I promised I’d post a transcript or record of what I talked about at Land Expo, and this is the blog posting for it. You may wish to open up the Flickr slideshow in another window to follow along with the presentation, given June 11, 2009, which comes after the cut;
Kitheres will be at Fantasy Faire this coming week (Monday thru Friday). I have some new clothing in the works. I’m also planning to release some older and freebie stuff i’ve been sitting on, if time permits. More details to follow.
This week alone, Organica has participated in Land Expo as part of Akimeta Metaverse Development Solutions, I’ve been making a buncha stuff for my other business, Kitheres, I gave a discussion on landscaping this morning, and next week will be participating in Fantasy Faire, as part of Kitheres, as well as the Solution Provider Conference, put on by LL!
So it’s with regret that I have to say I don’t have a lot to provide for you this update, other than a new huge oak, located on the north end of the store.
It’s huuge, 9 prims total, uses obong sculpts, and should probably be used sparingly 😉
More is on the way over the next few weeks, however I need to say at this point that i’ve recently been encumbered by a fairly distressing turn of events.
Mainly – a large portion of the stuff I sell at Organica got copybotted at some point in the past two weeks. I spent the majority of today tracking down the immediate holders and copybot accounts, but there is no garantee that more knockoffs wouldn’t show up again at some point.
Copybotting is insidious, frustrating, heartbreaking, and worst of all prevents true content creators from doing their job: making new stuff for you.
What I wanted to say to you is this – Thank you all for your continued support and appreciation of my work, be it through your purchase or just your enjoyment of the store and sim. I know that without it, i’d never have found out about the theft in the first place. I hope that you all do and will continue to support original content creators, while taking steps to be aware of and avoiding scammers and copycats.
I’m not sure that there’s much more I can say, except that I hope to get back on track this coming week as things calm down a bit, and make some new products… so keep your eyes and ears open for that in the next couple of weeks.
On a parting note, I was able to put together a very short fly through of the sim this week in preperation for my booth at Land Expo – Sylvan isn’t by any bit of imagination ‘complete’, but i hope you will enjoy this short clip of the sim i put on Youtube.
Organica will be at Land Expo this year as part of AkiMeta’s presence! Some info on current and past projects is available and I’ll likely be around for most of the Expo. I’ll also be giving a talk on Thursday at 10AM SLT on Landscaping and Prim economy, at the central discussion area, which is on the central corner of each of the LandExpo sims (1-4).
Despite my previous post about the HG&P Expo, I really should say that there really were some nice exhibits out there. I don’t think I really took note enough to devote a full blog post to everything I did like, but here are a few tidbits that I did pick up as a result of browsing at the event.
I picked up a few pieces Elle Kirshner’s Second Spaces; she brought these fabulous drafting desks and vanities – each set is highly detailed with little incedentals that a discerning homeowner will really appreciate.
The drafting table comes with a small light, blueprints, notebook and animated stool – with working and spinning animations – really quite cute!
The vanities come in three colours – blue, green and pink. I had some trouble deciding which i wanted, but all of Elle’s designs are really affordable at $150L ea, so I picked up one of each, and the funds from the pink one went to RFL.It’s got neat little makeup tidbits and you can add your own photos to it by control+dragging your snapshots on top of the existing photos. The stool’s also got a nice animated pose.
I also picked up this snazzy sculpted chair from Gospel Voom’s exhibit. It’s a ‘MC-Rosewood’ ‘Keeler’ chair, and was available as a RFL donation gift. It’s got 2 poses for girls and 2 poses for guys, plus a ‘keeler’ pose (seen on the right, below). The chairs a bit big for me – however, at my 5’4″ prim height, most furniture is. I really do like the simple design though. It’s quite nice for those looking for a modern, low prim chair for most situations.