The User Access menu is only available to the owner of the object no matter the settings. The different options grant the ability for others to access the other options.
- [Owner Only] (Default) Only the owner can change settings or options.
- [Same Group] If someone has the same group active as the object, they will be able to change settings.
- [Everyone] Anyone can change the settings. Only in rare circumstances should this ever be enabled, because literally anyone can change the settings.
Here, you can choose how the wind is sampled for the object.
- [Region Average] (Default) This setting is based on real-time wind samples taken from the whole region, and should produce the most natural wind movements based on changing conditions in the region.
- [Location] This setting provides the option for wind to be read at the object’s location. For the most part, Second Life wind flows pretty naturally, but it does have its quirks that can cause chaotic or unrealistic behaviour. Selecting Location may give a more natural look for a large forest.
- [Cardinal Directions] We’ve also developed some directional overrides if you want your trees and plants to have wind coming from a specific direction, or want to play a certain set of animations. Just pick the cardinal direction abbreviation and the animations will start playing. The cardinal directions refer to the direction the wind is going to, not where it’s coming from.
You can override some wind settings within this menu.
- [Str-Live] (Default) Live will use actual wind values from the simulator to control how your plants or trees are animated. It will play the full gamut of animations based on wind direction and wind strength.
- [Str-Idle] Idle will play no-wind animations – basically, a set of animations that have no wind effect.
- [Str-Low] Selecting Low will force your tree or plant to only play low-strength wind animations.
- [Str-Medium] Selecting Medium will force your tree or plant to only play medium strength wind animations.
- [Str-Strong] Selecting Strong will force your tree or plant to only play strong strength wind animations.
If your plant or tree comes with built-in sounds, this menu button will appear. If it doesn’t it will not be available. The Sound menu will allow you to choose to turn the sound off, or to choose the plant or tree’s volume on a scale of 1 to 10.
If alternate texture sets are available for your product, a Texture button will appear in the main menu. Clicking the button will bring you to the Texture Set options. From here, you can click a texture set that you’d like to apply.
Seasonal Control Module:
The Seasonal Control Module, or SCM, allows a person to control seasonal coloration for all Organica: Winds of Change flora region-wide, or on a specific parcel of land in Second Life. This way, you don’t need to rez new trees or fuss with tree menus every time the seasons change. One object controls them all!
A few things to note:
The SCM only works for Organica: Winds of Change products, unless otherwise specified by the product.
The SCM only works for products owned by the same owner, but the object owner may set it to allow others to control how the owner’s plants appear.
[ Owner Only ] (Default) Only the owner can change settings or options.
[ Same Group ] If someone has the same group active as the object, they will be able to change settings.
[ Everyone ] Anyone can change the settings. Only in rare circumstances should this ever be enabled, because literally anyone can change the settings.
[ Region Wide ] (Default) Changing texture sets will be executed region wide.
[ Parcel Only ] If changing textures, any command issued will affect only the flora on land that this control model sits on.
[ Textures ] Bring up the texture menu.
Textures: Under the textures menu, you can change the textures of Organica: Winds of Change products to different seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter), as well as a dead appearance (if available).